Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kindness

Every once in a while, I get a glimpse that the hard work I put into training our kids is really paying off.

We recently checked out a library book called, "You Don't Always Get Everything You Hope For." In it, the protagonist wakes up hoping to have eggs and toast for breakfast. He likes eggs and toast. Instead, a tornado whisks him away to a castle on a hill where a king forces him to eat an ice cream sundae for breakfast...and if he refuses, the king threatens to cut off his head.

Zoe's response: "Oh, Mama, it's not kind to cut off ANYONE's head."

No, indeed, Zoe. Not kind at all.

What can I say? I think my job as a parent is about done here.

3 comments:

Daniele said...

Sweet girl...not that she'd ever think of cutting off, say, her brother's head.

What's that library book you mentioned about the three kindergarten boys, by the way?

TwoSquareMeals said...

My boys, despite my best efforts, would think the threat of cutting off a head was cool. Sometimes when I think about what I am in for with three boys...

Alex said...

clearly either kelly is a spectacular mother or zoe is a superior human being...or both.