Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The New Normal

I had a couple of weeks a while back where I truly thought I might be headed for insanity, but things have stabilized and all is right with the world. To prove my point, here are a few snippets from today:
6:30 am: Elli has donned a tutu, dress-up shoes, and a pink tiara and is holding a sparkly wand, twirling with the sheer joy of being a girl

12:00 pm: Elli and Annie (2 1/2 and almost 6 months) are wearing only diapers and giggling together on my bed.

8:45 pm: Both girls are asleep and I am on a free-woman Target run. I pull into a space between a BMW and a new, yellow Corvette in my 1995 Plymouth Voyager. All I feel is gratitude that someone gave us that van and think about how completely uncomfortable either of those cars would be for me at this stage in my life.

Good Night, Mommas. Hope you get some rest.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Thank you for sharing that. It made me feel grateful for my day, too. And Sam went down easily and is still sleeping... :)

TwoSquareMeals said...

Gratitude. I need to start practicing that. First thing to be grateful for? A friend who watches my baby, changes his poopy diaper, and evens laughs at his anatomy lesson for her daughter while I go get my crazy self uncrazy.

Rebecca said...

A great read, Kristin. So glad you are having good days these days.