Sunday, June 28, 2009

In Any Language...

We're just back from our big adventure, and as soon as I get my jet-lagged sea-legged self back on track, I'll have plenty to share, I'm sure. But for now, this gem:

In Greece, stray dogs are a fact of life. They're well cared for and accepted, never euthanized, vaccinated and spayed/neutered, even, by the government in preparation for the Olympics a few years back. One day, as we were observing a roaming pack of said dogs, Luke and I asked our tour guide what sound a dog makes in Greek. "Gav gav," she told us. "Oh," replied Luke. "Then those are definitely American dogs. Because they just said 'woof woof'."

3 comments:

Krista Lucas said...

ha! i can't wait for the rest of the stories...

Susie said...

Clever kid!
I remember those dogs in Greece. I think I took numerous pictures because the whole concept was so different...

Kit said...

Love it. That is hilarious.