Monday, July 6, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out...


I am a bit of a closet Broadway freak. The earliest obsession I can remember was centered around "Annie". There are numerous hilarious pictures of me on Christmas morning clutching Annie dolls, stationery, etc. I dressed up as Annie for Halloween, and I learned my first swear word from the song "NYC" on the cast recording I used to play on my Fischer Price record player (I'm sure you had that same record player too).

So, you can imagine my delight when my husband raced down the stairs tonight to have me come and sit outside our 2 1/2 year old's bedroom. From the other side of the closed door we could hear her tiny little high pitched voice singing, "The sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun." Then she really went for it, "To-MORROW! To-MORROW! I LOVE YOU! To-Morrow! You're only a day awaaaaayy."