Monday, August 3, 2009

Want Some Olive Oil with That?

Yesterday I pushed Sam in his stroller to the grocery store. Since he started to get a bit restless as I shopped, I gave him a ball of fresh mozzarella cheese (in wrapping, of course) to keep him busy. A friend whose daughter is the same age as Sam called and I became quite engrossed in discussing appropriate food to buy for baby. I plum forgot about the cheese until when it came time to check out. When I took it from Sam and was about to hand it to the cashier I noticed that he had managed to gnaw a big hole in the bottom and help himself to a large hunk! So lessons learned for me: a) no more giving Sam anything I don't want eaten as we shop b) talk less on cell phone! and c) Sam loves mozzarella cheese...and plastic! :P

2 comments:

Daniele said...

And our moms used to give us their keys to chew on!

Susie said...

Oh, Daniele, I hate to admit it, but I am guilty of that one too in desperate moments!!