Friday, August 7, 2009

Hard Not to Laugh

Luke ran out of jokes from his latest National Geographic Kids magazine as we drove today, so he suggested we make up our own. Not being the creative-on-the-spot type, I suggested he make them up, and he was glad to oblige. The highlights went something like this:

Luke: What did the leaf say to the bug that was eating it?
Me: Bug off?
Luke: Nooo...I don't even get that.
Me: Okay, leaf me alone?
Luke: No! Stop leafing me!

(Hmmm...)

Luke: What did the pancake say to the pan that was flipping it?
Me: See you on the flipside?
Luke: No, mom. Stop flipping me; I'm fried.

(Ummm...)

I think I might be better at writing jokes than I thought.

4 comments:

Kit said...

Apparently joke creation is the ONE thing Luke can't do. Yet...

Daniele said...

Oh, you just wait 'til Elli starts. These are way improved over his first attempts a few years ago...

Krista Lucas said...

you're pretty good, daniele!

Kit said...

Yeah, yeah. Leaf off, will ya?