Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Swimsuit Recap

Today I ventured out with my 3 to try to find a bathing suit for my postpartum body (I can still call myself postpartum, right? He is only 10 months old!). As if that was not daunting enough, I had all 3 kids in tow. So, we go to multiple stores and I finally see one at Target that seems worthy enough to try on (read - it might shrink my stomach). I try it on and of course, no go. Daniel is cheering me on, telling me it looks great and I should buy it. I say, nah, it doesn't really look very good. So, I get dressed while trying to keep Micah from crawling out of the door. Micah in one hand, trying to get the door open with the other hand that I am holding the offensive bathing suit with. I hand the said bathing suit to Daniel while I try to get us all out of the 2X2 space. Daniel walks up to the sales lady at the desk and says, "We don't want it. It doesn't look good at all." Thanks son...The lady is busting at the seams to keep from laughing.

It reminded me of another such occassion. This is an old story to a few of you. A couple of years ago, I was in the exact same situation. Our mutual friend, Daniele, had this great bathing suit that I loved; I was trying to be as cute as her and find one exactly like it. I did, on sale, at a store that I had a gift card to - SCORE! Only one problem - it was really a size too small but I vowed to squeeze by chubby self into it. For those of you with sons, or if you have ever been around my son, you know that there is really no such thing as an inside voice for him. His voice is always several volumes too loud despite my attempts to quiten it. I am standing in the pretty full dressing room, literally stuffing myself inside this realy cute bathing suit and he shouts in his very Daniel voice, " Mommmy, your booty is WAAAAY too big for that!" It was so embarrassing and so comical that I totally cracked up. He was right, my bottom was way too big.

Just hoped to give you all a laugh!

2 comments:

Daniele said...

Yet you keep taking them bathing suit shopping with you.

Cortney said...

i called myself chubby - not smart :-)