Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Life of the 3rd Child

Micah is 10 months old and the third child. This is what his day has been so far:
6:15 wake up (none of my other kids have ever gotten up this early)
stay in bed until 7
7 - give him a bottle which he holds himself while still in bed so that I can get my first of 5 loads of laundry in the wash.
7:30 breakfast
8:10 still in highchair munching on cheerios while I give older sis a hair cut.
8:30 stuck in johnny jumper while I take a shower
9:15 moved from johnny jumper to carseat (wait you say, isn't this close to a 10 month old nap time - why yes, it is. However, I have a lot to do today so he will snooze in the day or have one nap this afternoon) to go to WalMart for that thing that just can't wait (me)
11:00 home from Walmart, small snack since we have had no nap.
11:30 other kids want to eat lunch so he is stuck once again in his highchair where is eats lunch which sometimes consist of the crust of other two children.
It is 12 now and where is he? Still in his highchair babbling and munching a banana cookie.

Poor little guy, he gets moved from one thing to the next all day long...The upside: He is happy and pretty consistently easy going. He laughs and smiles a lot. He is in love with his two older siblings and has more hands and feet to play with than the first one did. He gives lots of kisses because he has many other people to give them to.

But now he is yelling ahh-doe (which means all done). He wants out of the high chair.

1 comment:

Susie said...

I was the 7th kid, so you can imagine what my day was probably like as a baby...But guess what? I don't remember! In fact, I only remember a very happy childhood with my siblings. :)