Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Perils of Independence

I was feeling kind of liberated tonight. After their showers, both older kids went to their rooms, chose their pajamas, dressed themselves, and headed downstairs to prepare their own bedtime snacks. I bathed the baby in leisure, enjoyed chasing her naked buns down the hall and kissing her tummy before getting her dressed peacefully. As I headed downstairs to join the older children, I heard them speaking nicely to each other. Ahhhh...it's getting easier every day, isn't it?

And then I noticed their choice of bedtime snack: chocolate mousse yogurt. And the napkins. My sweet son had tried to refill the napkin holder (an effort for which I am very grateful and impressed), but only managed to jam about 200 of the 300 napkins into the space, leaving the remaining 100 scattered over the floor.

So, if I'm ready to abandon nutrition and napkin-free floors, I think I can pretty much leave them to their own devices. Small price to pay, really.

1 comment:

Daniele said...

And go for a run, leaving them your cell phone number. Right?