Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Could it be!?

7:15pm - read bedtime stories, sang soft songs, snuggled in the rocking chair, dressed in sleep-sack, turned on space heater, put in crib, said prayers, kissed goodnight.
7:30 - Quiet.
7:31 - 9:45pm(!) - Crying. Patting back, shush-shushing. Holding in rocking chair, burping. Back to crib. Crying. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Could it be teething? Cheeks are red. Gastrointestinal issues? He's squirming a lot.
I'm at my wits end. Why will this baby not sleep? Oh God, please help Samuel sleep. I can't take this anymore.
Ok. I'm just going to take off the sleep-sack and nurse him again. Sleep-sack comes off. Calm descends. Huh? Back in crib without sleep-sack. Zzzzzz. Could it be that he was just too hot? Was that what he was trying to tell me for the last 2.5 hours? Oh boy, do I feel terrible.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's when you're wishing they could just talk to you already!

Susie said...

I know - later I thought I should have titled it, "If Only You Could Talk!"

Daniele said...

That boy is just so high-maintenance. :)