Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh, Daddy...

My daughter looks forward to her Daddy coming home every day because this means lots of chasing, rolling around on the floor, and, her favorite game, "Jump to Daddy", which entails her leaping from a chair into his arms and them falling down to the ground in a giggling heap. Last night, as this evening ritual was taking place and I was enjoying a few moments of independence, my husband looks up at me and says in an incredulous voice, "Elli is going to be three soon!". "Yeah, she is," I replied. "If by soon you mean a year and 2 months." "Oh yeah," says my man. "It just seems like we've had her for longer than that."

4 comments:

Daniele said...

This is hilarious!
It seems like I've had mine for longer than forever...how old does that make them?

TwoSquareMeals said...

My hubby never can get the boys' ages right...

Funny how moms never forget the birth date!

Unknown said...

My husband asked me recently what costume our child wore last Halloween. Amusing...since he wasn't yet born last Halloween!

Rebecca said...

My dad, when asked, always has to figure my age via subtraction-- you know, the current year minus the year I was born. And this he determines based on where my parents were living at the time.... Always amusing to me.