Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Politics As Usual



My kindergartener just returned from an airplane trip with Dad, which involved a layover in Washington, D.C. He reported that he saw some bobble-head dolls (if only I'd videotaped his impression of "dolls that go like this" as he lacked the name for such fascinating things) of McCain and Obama while waiting in the airport. Our conversation went something like this:

Luke: Who are you voting for, Mom? I'm voting for John McCain.

Me: Oh, you are? How come?

Luke: No, actually, I'm voting for Rock Obama.

Me: Why Obama?

Luke: 'Cause I think he'll be a good president.

Me: What makes you think that?

Luke: I'm sure he's been practicing at home.

I secretly think he's swooning at the name "Rock." What five-year-old boy wouldn't, really?

2 comments:

Krista Lucas said...

I love Luke - is he 27 yet? ;)

HM Baker said...

That is hysterical, Daniele. Though I must say I'm rather sad to have to concede your point about the name "Rock." Hessel has wanted to name our child that for so long... Thankfully we have yet to have a son!!