Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ambition

There are lots of reasons I haven't posted in a while, and really none at all...just typical mired-down-in-life and not sure I have anything particularly interesting in my mind, much less to share with anyone else.

So I'll just share a funny moment from dinner. We were talking about what the kids want to be when they grow up. D wants to be a "digger," to drive a big truck and move big, heavy rocks. Zoe? She wants to be a princess at the state fair.

Look out, Miss Cow Manure. Your throne is being challenged.

2 comments:

Daniele said...

How about Miss Chicken Coop? Or Miss Horsey Hoedown?

Unknown said...

Loved this, as it was my ambition to be Miss Shorthorn (a type of cow) Princess at the state fair for many years of little girlhood. My dad was the President of the Shorthorn Association (we were farm kids back then) and he put a princess crown on the winning teenager every year. And boy, did I want that crown. So, I can relate to your daughter's wishes completely!