Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gandalf is My Mother-In-Law


In preparation for my in-laws' visit from Spain next month, I have been trying to get Eliana to say Grandma and Grandpa, rather than Nana and Papa, which she easily and articulately calls my parents. She loves looking at pictures and identifying things in them, so I've been using this little passion to get her going. She has managed to master one of the two names and confidently uses this name for both Ben's mom and dad.
So, why was I surprised when pulling out DVDs from the cabinet, she grabbed The Lord of the Rings, pointed to the picture of Gandalf, and proudly proclaimed, "GRANDMA!"?

3 comments:

Daniele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniele said...

She apparently doesn't know about Santa Claus yet...

TwoSquareMeals said...

I would have gone for Santa Claus, too, but my kids would know Gandalf before Santa any day. That's hilarious! Maybe you could just teach her to call him "Gandalf."