Sunday, February 15, 2009

That's an Interesting Way of Putting It


Friday brought a rural adventure on a friend's farm, complete with egg-collecting, baby-goat-chasing, falling-in-a-creek activities. However, in order for these festivities to take place, it meant that my two-year old would have to forgo her afternoon nap, a risky venture for someone deep in the whiny toddler stage. Also, did I mention she woke up over an hour earlier than normal that morning? Clearly the sleep deprivation of having a 4-week old had affected my abilities to make rational decisions. Nevertheless, we made the trek to the farm with Daniele and Luke and much fun was had by all.
Then it was time to go home.
Luke was in the back seat, chomping on pitas and nut butter, listening to Curious George on CD, when a pitiful cry erupted from my precious offspring. We looked back, and there she was, writhing in her car seat, eyes at half mast, as she sobbed in utter exhaustion, "I don't want my eyes. I don't want my eyes." Oh honey, I know how you feel..believe me, at 2 in the morning, at 5 in the morning...there are many times when I don't want my eyes either!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's really funny. I love it. Thanks for writing this!

TwoSquareMeals said...

I love the ways kids put things; it makes so much sense sometimes. I'm sorry it was exhausting but glad y'all came out, nonetheless!