Thursday, February 26, 2009

Recent Quotables

This week, Luke has come up with some great one-liners. At my expense, of course. But still. If we can't laugh at ourselves...

Here's a taste of our week:

Background to this first one: I painted the inside of our pantry white the other day while Luke was at school. I got some paint in my hair, of course, because that's the kind of painter I am...and I have a lot of hair. Luke, a few hours later, after I had cleaned out the paint:

Luke: Mom, I think you still have some paint in your hair.
Me: No, honey, I'm sure I got it all out.
Luke: Mom, look right here! There's a white hair! And some more white hairs.
Me: Ummm...that's not paint. Those hairs are just white.
Luke: Really? How do you grow them like that? White roots?

No, my dear, in fact, YOU grow them like that.


And a random conversation in the car on the way home from school yesterday:

Luke: I'm going to be a veterinarian when I grow up.
Me: That's great, honey.
Luke: 'Cause I love animals. I just love animals.
Me: That's great, honey. I love animals, too.
Luke: But you didn't become a veterinarian, mom. You just became a taker-care-of-Luker.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I just want to squeeze and munna munna him!

Krista Lucas said...

ah, that's so cute!

TwoSquareMeals said...

Taking care of kids is sort of like being a vet. And my kids are growing hairs like that on my head, too. I just found my first few.