Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Milk, Boobs, & Burritos

I feel a little nervous about blogging since this is my first time. And I haven't written anything except e-mails in a very long while. So, all you amazing writers, bear with me!

My husband and I traveled to the east coast for the holidays with our 10-week old son. I am exclusively breastfeeding and I had a couple encounters with very curious kids while engaged in the act:

My 8 year-old nephew: "What are you doing?"
I explain how God gave mothers a special way to feed their children (etc).
He replies, "So milk comes out?"
Me: "Yep."
Him: "Cool! Can you make burritos come out!?"

My 4 year-old nephew, pointing to my breasts: "Hey, my mommy has those things!"
Coming in closer for a better view, "Wow, you let him chew on them!?"

I swear, La Leche League should pay me! :)

2 comments:

Daniele said...

HA! Welcome to the blog (finally!). I definitely need to know which nephews those were...

Kit said...

If we could make burritos come out, our husbands would REALLY be obsessed...
Perhaps making them milk-producing-only is God's way of giving us a little reprieve. :)