Thursday, January 7, 2010

birthday cake

My son's fourth birthday is approaching in February, and I thought I would give him the opportunity to give me some input on what kind of party he would like. The conversation went something like this:

me: "Benjamin, what kind of birthday party would you like to have when you turn four?"
B: "I don't know."
"Well, think of something you like, maybe."
"I don't know."
"What kind of would you like on the cake?"
"Birthday cake sounds good."
"Well, what picture would you like on the birthday cake?"
"Oh, mama. Or Grandpa B. Grandpa B."

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

So sweet. He wants your picture on his cake. Can you make that happen???

Alternatively, I recommend a fire truck cake. You make the wheels with Ding Dongs (you know those?) or Oreo cookies. Ladder is made of pretzel rods. One of the easier options.... Good luck!