Monday, September 21, 2009

Duets

A whole lotta singin' goes on in our family.
Sometimes silly...
"Now let's do Zoe, Mama! Zoe, Zoe, Bo Bo-ee, Banana-Fanana, Fo Foe-ee, Fee fi moe mo-ee. Zoe!

Sometimes sweet (like tonight...)
Sing "I can show you the world, Daddy." The sounds of Elli and Daddy singing the parts of Aladdin and Jasmine wafted down the staircase as they cuddled in bed together.

And sometimes profound...
One benefit of sleeping with the worship pastor is that when a new song is introduced on a given Sunday, it ain't new to me. This week we sang a new song by Keith and Kristyn Getty entitled "Behold the Lamb." I had been singing it off and on all week, but I didn't realize how much I had been doing so until the car ride home from church. I started singing, when halfway through the first line I realized I was not singing alone. How strange it was to hear that tiny voice piping,

Behold the Lamb who bears our sins away, slain for us--and we remember
the promise made that all who come in faith find forgiveness at the cross.
So we share in this Bread of Life and we drink of His sacrifice
as a sign of our bonds of peace, around the table of the King.

I know she didn't understand what it really meant (do I?), but we were singing it together and it was beautiful.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wonderful. I'll never forget when my darling 2-year-old daughter surprised me by knowing all the words from Amazing Grace. I didn't know they listened so well to the lullabies....